The Bayou Chapter ASSP is a member-driven association providing representation, promotion, and support for members engaged in the profession and practice of SE&H in their efforts to protect people, property, and the environment.
The vision of the Bayou Chapter is to be a resource for the safety, environmental and health (SE&H) professionals throughout South Louisiana and to promote the professional development of their careers.
The Bayou Chapter maintains the highest level of professional ethics, mutual trust, and treats all with dignity and respect. These values underlie our work, how we interact with each other, and those strategies we employ to fulfill our mission.
- Service to Humanity
We are dedicated to protecting people, property, and the environment. We reach out locally, providing opportunities to collaborate with and engage anyone involved in safety, health, and the environment (SH&E).
- Value of the Profession
We believe a safe and healthy place to work is a fundamental right.
We believe that sound SH&E practices are both socially responsible and good business.
We value employers’ commitment to sound SH&E practices.
We believe our Society is driven by our members.
We strive to meet member needs for training and development, networking, and community.
We believe in the strength of diversity and reach out to include all members.
We believe students & new professionals provide a pipeline to the future.
We believe that mentoring and growing our member base is critical for the continuity of our profession.
- Professional Development
We believe growth of our body of knowledge and the professional development of SH&E practitioners advance the profession.
We believe that continuous learning is critical for the development of the safety professional.
- Ethical Behavior
We aspire to the highest degree of professional conduct, ethical practice, and integrity.
Goals & Objectives
- Recognize the Chapter needs through feedback, shared ideas and opportunities for improving.
- Establish and maintain a team to recognize members for their contributions to the SE&H profession. (Years of service and/or volunteering)
- Meet member needs for peer interaction and professional development.
- Continue to recruit and maintain members, including student members.
- Establish and maintain effective communications among safety professionals through meetings and website.
- Promote the Bayou Chapter ASSP and the SE&H profession in South Louisiana.